Runtime errors are a common nuisance for Windows users. These errors particularly affect various Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Excel. The error that Excel users normally encounter is Runtime Error 1004, a catch-all error code that attempts to define errors that are essentially indefinable. For this reason, this type of error could indicate a variety of problems. This article explains two of the most common reasons for Runtime Error 1004 and gives some tips for solving problems.
This runtime error 1004 can occur in the following versions of Microsoft Office:
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Office 2013
The advantage of most runtime errors is that it is possible for the end user to correct them himself, even if he has no real technical knowledge. If you have at least a basic understanding of computers, which is how to use the application with which you have problems correctly, then you should be able to solve this problem yourself.
Running an antivirus scan
Scanning your entire system is very important to ensure that malware, viruses and corrupted files are removed. Therefore, I strongly recommend that you perform a complete antivirus scan of your system with your current antivirus program.
Uninstalling Microsoft Works
Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Task Manager and stop all running programs.
- Then go to Start > and select Control Panel.
- Then, in the Control Panel, select Add or Remove a program.
- Here you can see the list of programs currently installed on your PC and select Microsoft Work.
- And click Uninstall to remove it from your PC.
- Create a new workbook in Excel and delete all other spreadsheets.
- Now try to format your workbook and insert the desired texts and diagrams into the template.
- Name the file and remember to select the “(xltx)” template format.
- Place the model and integrate this code: SheetsAddTyp:=path\filename
- Note that the path \filename contains the full information of the file name, including its full path for the model you are working on.
I hope this article will help you correct runtime error 1004 in Excel and restore Excel files. In this article, we have provided both a manual and an automatic solution to fix the bug, you can use any solution you want.